I love flowers. In fact, I love fresh flowers even more than just flowers… I would rather have some fresh cut flowers than fake ones on display. I love picking them from the yard but sometimes it’s nice to grab some from the farmer’s market or Trader Joe’s.
Today I wanted to create a rustic feeling sunflower arrangement for our dining room table.
What you need:
- Sunflowers (fresh or fake)
- A Mason Jar
- Hand Pruner or Floral Scissors
- Two Rubber Bands
- Optional: Ribbon (burlap or season) for an extra pop
- Make sure your mason jar is nice and clean. If not make sure you give it a good scrub with some dish soap and dry with a soft towel.
- Measure how long you want your sunflowers to be.
- Use your two rubber bands to keep all of your flowers together and make sure that they are the same length while cutting.
- Use your pruners or scissors to cut your flowers to desired length.
- Leave the rubber bands on the stems to keep your flowers nice and upright.
- Place cool fresh water in your mason jar and place flowers within.